Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Edenbrooke Review: Simply Delightful


      You probably know, I mostly gravitate toward books that have a good mix of action, adventure, and romance.  Just like with movies though, every once in a while, I just want a good chick flick! ;)  Unfortunately, when it comes to chick flicks and romance novels, too often they just don't measure up to my expectations.  Either they are too boring, too cookie-cutter, or just have very one-dimensional characters or storylines.  This book is a glaring exception; I absolutely adored everything about it!  

     It took me no time to really like the main characters, and their interaction with each other was unique and fun. The author did a wonderful job with character development and the story arc. At one point in the middle when it wasn't going so well for them, my heart was literally aching at times!  

     I loved the author's writing, period; hence the statement in my title "simply delightful". :) She had a way of communicating what both of the main characters were feeling at any given moment, and even better, of making me feel what they were feeling!  She completely drew me in to their interactions, and I identified with them and cared about them more and more as the book went on.  

     I don't know what else to say other than "You have to read this book!!".  Unless you are a hater of all things romantic, or just don't like books unless they are chock full of action, I predict you will love it.  I loaned my library book to someone to read, but once I get it back I plan to go back and re-read all the good parts! :) (Let's just be honest, I will most likely also buy it to loan out to everyone I know.)  But don't wait for that; go here and order it for yourself right now! 


No comments:

Post a Comment